Re: Usability - Useless effect when clicking an icon (Unity)

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 16:01, Peterson Silva <peterson.235@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Recently I've posted this bug at Launchpad:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/686822
>
> So the thing is, if you have only one instance of an active window and you
> click its icon in the Launcher, the effect is useless. Users coming from
> Windows 7 (or any other version of it for that matter) or Mac OS will expect
> the application to minimize; instead, it will just float. It is useless and
> counter-intuitive already.
>
> On the other hand, when there are multiple windows of the same app, the
> effect is very cool and useful;

+1

and well, i miss my SUPER+W !!!
If Scale aka Expose becomes so central, i would strongly recommend to
associate the scale addon features:
 * secondary click to zoom in
 * middle click to close

especially the unread messages from the Messaging Menu shouldn't get
acknowledged, before i haven't seen them at full scale.
Seeing the window, scaled down on a Netbook 10" display in Exposé, surely
doesn't validate removing a message indicator from the Messaging Menu as
"seen".