Re: We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

Disclaimer: I don't use evolution. Ive tried numerous times and each time I
have quickly returned to webmail. I have a simple mail notification program
with an option for going to the website and one turning the message menu
from green back to white.

I reinstalled evolution-indicator tonight to test this. My first thought is
that the Mail options presented are very different than the options for
every other program in the message menu (chat, broadcast, and ubuntu one).
The others all provide a way to open the program and/or a way to see new
messages. Mail (evolution) instead provides options to open the program as
well as Compose New Message and Contacts. Then when the program is open it
has more options displaying the number of emails for each account. So first
off too many message menu entries, mail and the specific accounts is all I
would want.

Second It seems crazy that I need to keep empathy open (using 91MiB) and
minimized to the launcher no less in order to be notified of new mail. So +1
for closing evolution to the message menu like everything else, at least
then its out of sight.