Re: We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

On Tuesday 15,March,2011 09:21 AM, Conscious User wrote:

> In an effort to get *some* reaction other than Jeremy's to this
> thread, let me ask something to the people of this list: how
> many of you actually use Evolution? And how many of you feel
> confortable with the current way it's integrated to the
> Messaging Menu (and now Unity)?
>
> More specifically, how many of you think that the current setup
> of not being able to hide the window is acceptable while the
> separation of mail notification service does not happen?
>
> I have the impression that the user experience of Evolution
> always ends up being overlooked because the majority of
> people uses a webmail client and does not really care.

I use Thunderbird, which doesn't get hidden either. Evolution should be killed
with fire, in my opinion. The entire framework is convoluted as hell, and when
facing an unstable network, it hangs completely. Messaging Menu aside, I think
the whole issue of hanging due to an unstable network is unacceptable, and
hardly the right user experience to be pushing out either. And worse still --
when you have a network calendar added to Evolution, and an unstable network,
the desktop calendar applet thing hangs when you attempt to open it. How nice, eh?

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin