Re: We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

In an effort to get *some* reaction other than Jeremy's to this
thread, let me ask something to the people of this list: how
many of you actually use Evolution? And how many of you feel
confortable with the current way it's integrated to the
Messaging Menu (and now Unity)?

More specifically, how many of you think that the current setup
of not being able to hide the window is acceptable while the
separation of mail notification service does not happen?

I have the impression that the user experience of Evolution
always ends up being overlooked because the majority of
people uses a webmail client and does not really care.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/packageselection-desktop-n-coherent-behavior-for-apps-in-messagingmenu

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~indicator-applet-developers/evolution-indicator/trunk/revision/77

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/thunderbird-getting-some-unity-love/

https://code.launchpad.net/~goehle/evolution-indicator/dont-quit-on-close/+merge/42151

> or to remove Evolution from the Messaging Menu entirely,
> as it can be argued that email is not something you
> should be interested in being constantly notified
> about anyway and Evolution consumes a lot of memory.
> (see pitti's comments in the first link)

> Thoughts?

Follow ups