Re: We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

> I use Thunderbird, which doesn't get hidden either. Evolution should be killed
> with fire, in my opinion. The entire framework is convoluted as hell, and when
> facing an unstable network, it hangs completely. Messaging Menu aside, I think
> the whole issue of hanging due to an unstable network is unacceptable, and
> hardly the right user experience to be pushing out either. And worse still --
> when you have a network calendar added to Evolution, and an unstable network,
> the desktop calendar applet thing hangs when you attempt to open it. How nice, eh?

Evolution itself is not the point of this thread. I'm (trying to)
discuss issues that, like you said yourself, are *also* present
in Thunderbird.

The subject is already receiving less attention than I wanted
without being derailed, so I politely ask you to start another
thread if you want to discuss Evolution bugs. :)