Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The alternative would be to show both title and menu, but giving the menu
> priority. For habituation and quick aiming, it's important that the menu
> always starts in the same spot from the left (assuming LTR reading
> direction). To guarantee that, without using an offset from the left that
> will always be too small or too large, the title would have to be
> right-aligned to the right side of the window or panel. But
> clipped/faded-out on the right, when necessary.

Sorry about the multiple replies, but here is my idea:
Here is an idea, make it time based. it being 'giving the preference to'. If
am watching a youtube video inside a maximized firefox windows, and my mouse
activity is low, then the title should be given the preference. If my
mouse/keyboard activity picks up then the menu should be given the
preference.
I assume this is technically feasible.

--
Saleel