Re: Sound theme / icon set

Paul,

Thanks for the answer! When it comes to the Ubuntu sound theme, I can only
say that I completely agree with you: we ought to have a sound theme that
integrates well. That's a long term initiative, yes.

On the other hand, I have to say that we need to think short term too. Of
course creating a sound theme takes time, but unless you're deaf you're
going to be very unpleased by the current experience. The sounds are awfully
unrelated to the whole experience. Ask anyone. Seriously.

So if Ayatana is (with good reasons to be) not considering something new for
this cycle, I think *not* having the current sound theme on by default (not
having a sound theme at all) would already be of benefit to the feel of...
the whole system.

*Peterson*
*http://petercast.net*