Re: Sound theme

On 03/15/2011 09:47 AM, Peterson Silva wrote:
For the love of the goddess, please somebody say we'll have a new sound theme this time. Or that someone's working on it.

Having listened to all of the sound theme submissions <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Design/SoundTheme/Submissions-11-04> (and submitted one myself), I'm not sure that any one submission is a perfect sound set, and unfortunately, some are not very professional. I think OisinLunny's startup sounds are absolutely wonderful, and really carry the affect of "light". If the job were up to me, and I had to use only sounds that were part of the current submissions, I would do the following:

   * *Login screen:* oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuDesktopLoginOisinLunny.wav
   * *User logs in:*
     oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuDesktopReadyShortOisinLunny.wav
   * *User logs out:* oisinlunny@xxxxxxxxx/UbuntuEmailOisinLunny.wav
   * *Start new IM (receive):* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM New
     Conversation 1.wav
   * *Start new IM (send):* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM New
     Conversation 2.wav
   * *Continue IM (receive):* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM
     Continued Conversation 3.wav
   * *Continue IM (send):* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light IM
     Continued Conversation 4.wav
   * *Incoming E-mail:* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light Desktop Ready
     1.wav
   * *Error:* S. Christian Collins/Ubuntu Light Error 1.wav
   * *Notification:* BioBiro/3 New Email.wav
   * *Device connected:* S. Christian Collins/notification-1.wav
   * *Device disconnected:* S. Christian Collins/notification-2.wav

I would then make the following modifications:

   * Trim the leading and trailing silence from some of the sounds
   * Transpose the sounds from the S. Christian Collins set into a
     different key and change to a brighter EQ to better blend with
     OisinLunny and BioBiro sounds.
   * Make sure the sounds are all at a similar volume.

Give me an hour and I can put this together.

-~Chris