Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

Hi,
i just want to add my 2cts
(but its to late for natty so you need to continue anyway ;-))
i think we should really let the user choose and just discussing about
the best default.
See settings.png
(my english is not good and i can't find the right words and it would
be probably better in gnome-appearance-properties)
This could lead to something like screenshot.png.
As soon as we get windicators (i hope we will get them very soon) the
menu could be one of them.

For me personally i would like them hidden in the panel expect for my
pc where i have netbeans.
I would also like to see oem's to change the default when they are
selling a business laptop or a multimedia laptop

but as i say this are just my 2 cts.
(and no i am not a designer ;-))

David Reichling