Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

(I pretty much agree with the paragraphs before, so I'm simply omitting
them...)

> I think the Gnome Shell designers are badly underestimating the use
> cases for minimize.

Maybe... but the problem is, so is Unity, at least currently. It
didn't remove minimization but made it... weird.

> And anyone who thinks dragging is a replacement
> or a maximize button probably hasn't done any user testing recently.

Ok, admittedly I'm biased on this one because Aero Snap is one of the
things I went faster from "discovering" to "using all the time"... And
even before that I was fond of the double click. In guess in my mind the
max button is already useless...

I should mention, though, that in my opinion the fact that Unity merges
the titlebar with the panel makes the dragging slightly more intuitive:
you drag the titlebar to the thing it's going to be merged to. Perhaps
*too* slightly to make a difference, but does help.

Follow ups