New Unity lens - Contact lens

Hi All

I want to suggest a new Unity lens for the upcoming Ubuntu version
Oneiric Ocelot.

The two key needs I tried to address with my idea are:
1. The need for fast and uncomplicated access to your address book
contact information.
2. Fast access to contact related actions (keyboard friendly - new
mail, chat, show map...)

As for me, I think that contact information should be more easily
accessible in a modern operating system. Often provided actions, like
writing a new mail to contact X or ‘show me a map of the area’ should
also be just around the corner.

A Unity Dash contact lens would solve these two common needs in an
elegant way and 'kill two birds with one stone'.

Ubuntu Brainstorm:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27584/

Mock-up:
http://goo.gl/3q8Bu

Would love to hear your reactions

Greetings
Thibaut

PS: This is my first post on a mailing list :)

Follow ups