Re: New Unity lens - Contact lens

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Thibaut Brandscheid <randaltor@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The two key needs I tried to address with my idea are:
> 1. The need for fast and uncomplicated access to your address book
> contact information.
> 2. Fast access to contact related actions (keyboard friendly - new
> mail, chat, show map...)

In the past we've referred to this as "The People Place", you can see
a screenshot here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Lenses/Ideas

> As for me, I think that contact information should be more easily
> accessible in a modern operating system. Often provided actions, like
> writing a new mail to contact X or ‘show me a map of the area’ should
> also be just around the corner.
> http://goo.gl/3q8Bu

Yep, it's certainly useful to be able to search people right from the
main UI. Thanks for your mockup (and clever name!) -- I'll make sure
we discuss it during the UDS Lens session.