Re: New Unity lens - Contact lens

2011/4/11 Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx>:
> That said, I'm not sure the launcher API in its current form is
> set up to handle complex results like that. What about having the Contacts
> Lense return a list of contacts with photos (like the results for a file or
> application), then, when clicked, the contact is shown in Evolution with the
> number and address, etc. displayed?

Your solution would be better than the state right now (Maverick
Meerkat) but it would mean that the original idea looses a lot of its
sexiness. Having all contact information just one search away would be
pure awesome. Same applies for contact interactions like hitting
'Enter' to open a new mail dialogue.

For a long time I have been asking my self why contact information are
hidden in most OS because accessing them is such a common task.

Having a picture with a link to your contact would be nice and still
quite useful :)

Greetings
Thibaut