Re: Multiple virtual desktops in Unity

> What if I want to use two applications at once?
> I prefer an environment in which I decide where windows are placed and when
> they're minimized, and given the ubiquity of such a convention I'd be very
> surprised if user testing could demonstrate that others don't.
> I may be referring to a web page as I take notes in a word processor, or
> copying parts of scripts a friend sent me in an email into GIMP.  All sorts
> of combinations of simultaneous use are easily imaginable.

For example: drag word processor icon onto Firefox icon. For example: give
the option to "lock" a workspace with corresponding icon -say- at the bottom
of the unity bar.

I prefer an environment in which I decide where windows are placed and when
> they're minimized, and given the ubiquity of such a convention I'd be very
> surprised if user testing could demonstrate that others don't.

But you don't work in an environment in which you decide that all windows
are open in the same workspace: this is just the default behaviour and you
had to adapt to it.
I could argue that the ubiquity of such convention has created the ubiquity
of "how the hell do I find my way through this mess of 10 open windows in
the same workspace". This is the problem I was trying to address.

How many time have you seen it (or suffered it)? some one trying to find
that app varied between many other windows...