Re: Shadows around active window versus window tiling

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/694302

> I can create a mock-up if that would be helpful to illustrate my idea.

i think the smspillaz has his hands full with other important work, e.g.
making compiz stable etc., but he already posted this a while ago:
http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/better-shadows/
i don't know if that patch already made it into natty's beta repos, but if
it did, then it's incomplete as you noticed.
in that case, the patch would have to be revisited to address also tiled
windows, imo..