Re: Super-W for programs in current workspace

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Leo Barnes <barnes.leo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (My first attempt to send this mail seems to have failed... Hope I
> don't multi-post.)
>
> Hi!

Hi Leo,

> I am trying out the Ubuntu 11.04 beta and trying to get the hang of
> Unity. I like it so far, especially the Super-W and Super-S
> functionality. What I miss though are two things:
>
> 1. I keep LOTS of windows open at the same time and use workspaces to
> organize them into categories for quick shifting. I love the Super-W
> functionality, but would really like it to only select between the
> programs in the current workspace (like alt-tab but looking like
> Super-W) since this seems most logical to me. Is this possible to
> achieve at present? (If not, I would like to submit it as a feature
> request.)
>
> 2. This may be due to the default 11.04 theme or something, but the
> difference between the selected and non-selected windows in Super-W/S
> mode is minimal. Is it possible to change this?

Both of these settings are configurable to taste in CompizConfig
Settings Manager. Look for "Scale" under "Window Management". You may
need to install CCSM first from the software centre.

Regardless, altering the defaults may be worth doing. I upgraded from
an already-customized Maverick, so I never got a chance to use the new
default settings.

Cheers,
Evan