Re: Thoughts on Unity design

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM, Phong Cao <phngcv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am too have been for a long time a Ubuntu's fan. However, I am not trying
> to be negative but... I would say that Unity's design is way far behind
> GNOME Shell in Fedora 15. I recommend anybody in this email list try out
> Fedora 15 & GNOME Shell and learn from their simplicity. (Just my thought,
> no offense). After couple days get along with Fedora 15 & GNOME Shell I feel
> that GNOME Shell is more newbie-friendly and productive than Unity. I think
> Ubuntu should reconsider going back to GNOME...

Ok im not being negative or anything but both emails you put in on
this thread haven't explained why you think shell is better.
Also it has to be said that Unity (compiz) isn't around very long
compared to Shell since it was made for 3 years and all and
Unity compiz anyway is only 6 months of work ish. The reason why im
mentioning that is there are still many many changes
and iterations to come for Unity in which it will get better. What you
can bank on though is Unity is faster and more stable.

The cool things about Shell are the really nice looking animations on
things there is a lot of nice finishes on everything and
that stuff comes with time. In terms of Unity and why it is better is
the simplicity you can do a lot more with the search in the
dash than you can with Shell and the sky is the limit on lenses and
all that nice stuff.

--fagan