Re: Thoughts on Unity design

I have one point of criticism about the global menubar that I have not read about here.

I'm using two monitors and I think that Gnome2 did a particularly good jobs there. I could easily grab a window by the title bar and drag it across monitors and workspaces. Maximizing and minimizing application windows could be done in a matter of split seconds.

Now that maximized windows don't really have a distinct title bar in Unity, it is very inconvenient to find a spot where I can actually grab the window. Especially because you don't see where exactly the menu is unless you point the mouse there.

One thing which is great about two multiple monitors and Unity, though, is that you have volume control, wireless, power button, etc. on every screen now.

Cheers Felix