Re: Ideas for Unity Design Tweaks

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Toki Tahmid <oxwivi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm against the idea of wrapping to a new line, it won't look good and if
> the first menu was accidentally invoked, it'd add to the hassle to have to
> close it and then select the menu in the second row.

Well that's easy to deal with.

1. In the event of a line-wrapped menu bar, ALL drop-down menus will
expand from the very bottom of the title bar.  If an upper menu was
clicked, require a click to expand the lower menu (as opposed to
adjacent menus, where a simple mouse-over will expand the tree).
2. This should be a fringe case, anyway.  If the menu wraps to begin
with, it is a flaw in the design of the application.  Developers
should not be over-populating the menu bar.  (On the other hand, the
user's fonts may be too big.)

You could have scroll buttons on each side, and one of those "the
rest" drop-downs that are seen in some Microsoft MDIs.  No matter how
you handle it, we will always come back to #2.