Task Switcher Mockup

Now that the traditional taskbar has gone away, I have two options for
managing windows:

1- Using Keyboard shortcuts
Downside: Many people are more comfortable using mouse

2-Using the launcher:
Downside: It's not a full-fledged taskbar, clicking on icons for open
windows doesn't minimize them. They say the launcher is NOT MEANT to be a
taskbar.

OK. I can use the compiz "scale" plugin too, but it's somehow annoying
because you fell getting lost for one moment, your window is gone and you
have to bring it back. The whole screen changes and this is not good.

My idea is that a "Tasks" button should be added to the launcher. When
clicked, it shows a bubble containing thumbnail previews of open windows.
The behavior is like "scale" but inside the bubble, thus no distraction and
no loss of focus and no desktop flicker.
 The tasks button can be configured to show either live previews of windows
or simply icons. Moreover, for minimized windows it will show desaturated
thumbnails or icons.

Please see the attachment.