Re: Unity Mockup v3

Hello ,

Visually these mockups seems to go towards a good direction ,
particularly reverting to a sane way of handling the menus  (no more
autohiding global menu at the top of screen) .

The "ubuntu" menu looks ok as a default .   Additionally it would be
extremely nice to be able to configure it to open a traditional
applications menu .

In order to be able to start using a future new version of Unity will
be the handling of multiple application instances (in particular
terminals).   Unity will be completely unusable (for me ... ) until
this problem is solved  .

My feeling is that the goal of developing a universally good desktop
environment for all kinds of screens (including touch) is too bold and
ignores the principle  "use the right tool for the job".  Screen size
matters a lot  ;   a user interface optimized for netbook is unlikely
to be suitable on a desktop.  And viceversa.    The only solution is
to allow the users to tweak the interface.

Cheers,
Adrian M