Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:15, GonzO <gonzo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Ed Lin <edlin280@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> With all due respect: I do not think your cases are all that common.
>
> It doesn't for me, the only thing I use is clock. The rest is
>> irrelevant for my me most of the time. Wlan and battery? Not on a
>> desktop.
>

> Desktops are becoming less and less popular, being replaced by Laptops and
> Netbooks... in which the battery, LAN, WLAN, BT thing are important and need
> to be twaddled with regularly.

Certainly wifi is really popular on the desktop these days too.

> Email and IM? My browser is all I need.
>

> I think it is more than fair to say that, for some reason, using locally
> installed mail and IM clients is still what most people do.  (I still use
> Pidgin, though long ago gave up localized mail).

I'd expect most people use web mail. That said, we still need a good place
for *indicating* new web mail (regardless of whether we do it well now,
which we don't).

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: -= jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-