Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Jeremy Nickurak <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd expect most people use web mail.

You would _not believe_ how popular email clients still are, even among the
technically savvy.

I admit, I have TBird installed just to have a backup archive of my Gmail
account.  But I don't actually *use it*.  An alarming number of people I
know, who work as IT professionals, just *will not give it up*.

> That said, we still need a good place for *indicating* new web mail
> (regardless of whether we do it well now, which we don't).

...oh, wow.  That's a good idea.  Although I get so much mail that it would
always be on (five or six accounts route to one).

--G