Ubuntu Software Center research

Hello everyone,
My name is Stevie or Stephen, as you wish. I'm introducing myself as I have
never posted here before.

I was wondering how we can get a hold of the Software Center design
research. I'm not sure as to whether it is online or available to the
public, but I have had a look at the wiki and all I could find was the
specification.

I think it is hard to examine or improve the existing design without
supporting information as to the existing design, or the basis of future
decisions.  Without this design decisions are a black box which is difficult
if not possible to question.

I am most interested in who the identified target audience is, deeper than
your average user / not a technical person?
Are there a set of archetypal users?
How is it decided that a decision (and who is it a good decision for?) is a
good one beyond the merit of the contributor and the strength of there
logic?
Is the aim of the software center to aggregate already
existing functionality?  Is there a specific target?

So I am really interested in finding the target audience and any generative
research done.

Thanks for your time,
Stevie.

Follow ups