Re: Oneiric Unified Messaging Menu

On 24 July 2011 09:27, Carl Ansell <afccarl1994@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have read that the name will be added to the menu at a later date, but
> obviously as this is still an alpha there will be changes made before the
> full release.
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:38:29 +0200
> From: sony-qs@xxxxxxx
> To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Ayatana] Oneiric Unified Messaging Menu
>
> I read about the Unified Messaging Menu in Oneiric on www.webupd8.org and
> saw there is no unsername any more! My Ubuntu is a single User OS but the
> psychological aspect of reading his own name or nickname is undisputed! I
> think there should be at least the option to show! And furthermore ubuntu is
> a holy good multiuser-system, that's why I think it's important to know
> who's logged in!

If you would be using Ubuntu Oneiric instead of worrying about it,
you'd see that the user menu is still there. indicator-me is gone but
next to the session menu is a menu headlined by the current logged in
nickname. You can click this menu to switch to a new user or configure
the new Online Accounts feature. Several of the menus including this
one are not yet final designs.

Jeremy Bicha