Oneiric Dark Toolbars vs. Apple Ipad Toolbars (Bad design vs. Good design)

Please see the following picture of the Apple Ipad for an example of "lightened" black toolbars that are not the same darkness as the OS's top panel and represent a good design:  http://i.imgur.com/cfWSy.jpg
Note that although the toolbar is technically "black" it is a "faded/lightened" black. That is, it is NOT the same color/shade as the Top-Panel! This is GOOD design. This is what I describe and have been arguing for in my previous e-mails regarding this topic. There are potent reasons why the Iphone & Ipad are such strong sellers. Interface design choices like this are part of the reason why these devices are such strong sellers and well liked. Application toolbars should NOT be a "dark" color that shroud the tools in darkness. And they should NOT be the same color/shade as the Top-Panel that represents the OS. Apple's design is very strong. A "dark" top-panel and a "middle-colored" toolbar that transitions to the "white-content."
Why can't Oneiric Ocelot adopt this design pattern?

Follow ups