Re: Workspace switcher needs redesign

Am 18.09.2011 20:05, schrieb Dr. David Alan Gilbert:
* Michal Strba (faiface2202@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Hello everyone!
Hi,

I think, that workspace switcher isn't now as useful as it can be
because it doesn't have dynamic workspaces. I think, the best way to
solve this problem is to make workspaces dynamic and not dynamic.
For example, you'll add few workspaces and you name them "Mail",
"Work", "Games", "Music and Video". Then you'll restart your
PC and workspaces stays as they were! Also it should have a
functionality to automatically run user-defined applications in
user-defined workspaces.
I agree that having some static workspaces is a good thing;
I have a preferred way of working where I keep mail in one,
web in another and I like it that way - so yes, I like your idea.

However, the one thing is that I prefer Unity's and Gnome2's
(and KDE and everything else....) ability to run with a 2d layout
of workspaces to the Gnome3 limit of 1d; I get used to the spatial
layout.

Dave
It would be nice to connect both ideas. So we make two rows the first for dynamic workspaces and everything you put on the second row is started in the workspace were you last put it.