Re: Ubuntu = Human-Centered OS?

Assuming that people would want to automatically be socially connected to
the Ubuntu community on boot could be a point of discontent I could imagine,
just saying.

The dividing of people into different communities sounds a lot like the
latest trend in social networking, stuff like Google+'s circles, Diasporas'
aspects and facebook-groups comes to mind. Incorporating that, particularly
Diaspora, into Ubuntu could be quite neat (I say Diaspora because it's open
source and decentralized). Imagine that, bult-in social network from the get
go, with your private information stored/restored from wherever you specify.
Of course on an opt-in basis.