Re: reduce the font and ui size!

I've never had a problem with the font size with Ubuntu, or with Windows to
be honest. I've assisted a lot of users with their desktops over the years
and the only reason I've ever heard for adjusting the font is due to
eyesight issues, which as has been mentioned previously is available via
Universal Access. Even in windows you don't change the fonts manually.

I should note that I use Ubuntu on a 13" macbook and on a 30" monitor for a
pc, i've never used it on a netbook so I cannot comment on how it appears on
a 10" screen.

Btw, the issue raised about using a web browser and the font it uses
compared to the system font, well to me that would be more a defect with the
web browser if it doesn't try and match font size with the OS. In my
experience people who don't like the font size in a web browser use the size
option for the web browser.

That said I'd never noticed the difference in font size between the OS and
Firefox until it was mentioned in this thread. It doesn't bother me, in fact
if the font of the OS was smaller it would irritate me. Maybe a sign of my
age, but to me ease of seeing OS related text is far more important than the
size of the text in an article or in a document. I don't think it's
reasonable to state they should all be the same size.

Just my 2c worth.

James.