Re: semi-transparent indicator menus

On 10/28/2011 08:48 PM, Omar B. wrote:
Would look more consistent and nice.

some mockups:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JSR8IC77Ub4/TTRwD1iIvKI/AAAAAAAABoM/yxWXeJR6ZCo/s1600/unity_global_menu_idea_by_musl1m-d3400kk.png

http://musl1m.deviantart.com/art/Unity-Global-Menu-Idea-188117732

Also, gnome-shell menus look way better, so unity is very far behind here and is looking outdated compared to many shells, even the "commercial" ones.

________________________________
From: frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:12:56 +0200
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ayatana] semi-transparent indicator menus

Unity introduces a new look, but Indicators Menus, which were there
before the Dash, are not yet up to date in that respect.
Obviously, there is no alpha for indicator menus, no way to set
transparency in CCSM for them.
I'd like to have control over that as a power user, power user being
the bridge between designers, developers and plain users.

the main reason i see for having transparent indicator menus is visual
consistency:
finally, we'd have one unified look for all of Unity, of which
Indicator Menus imo are a part.