Re: workspaces and multimonitor

I agree that deliberately putting a window across multiple monitors and
then switching workplaces is probably pretty rare, but it has to do
*something*, and it's difficult to come up with something that isn't
intrusive.  You see the same problem in the UDS demo video at the end,
where the tester exits the expo view and suddenly there's a window split
between four (!) monitors.

The problem with different-sized monitors is mainly an issue on laptops,
because it's fairly common to have a low-resolution laptop attached to a
higher-resolution desktop monitor or projector.  The best idea that I can
come up with is to leave windows the same size, and simply scale their
positions when you switch to a different size monitor (ex. the top left
corner of Firefox is 25% down and 40% across the monitor).  That would have
advantage that the title bar of a window would always be visible, and that
switching a workspace to a smaller monitor and then back to a bigger one
would leave you with your windows in the same place.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Josh Strawbridge <holyknightjoshua@xxxxxxxxx