Re: workspaces and multimonitor

* Connor Carney (ccarney@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I agree that deliberately putting a window across multiple monitors and
> then switching workplaces is probably pretty rare, but it has to do
> *something*, and it's difficult to come up with something that isn't
> intrusive.  You see the same problem in the UDS demo video at the end,
> where the tester exits the expo view and suddenly there's a window split
> between four (!) monitors.

Opening a big document that you are editing spread across a pair of monitors
(aligned so that you don't split a page) is really nice; I've had that on
a pair of 20" 4:3 LCDs and being able to see 4 full size pages while
editing is great.

(and yes, you switch workplaces when you want to check mail or
go and look something up on the web etc).

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /