Re: What should Unity look like on Smartphones and Tablets?

errrm.. another laudation to the designer..

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 22:37, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At UDS-P, Mark announced his plans to have Ubuntu on Tablets, phones,
> and TVs by 14.04 LTS. You can start too early!

when Unity's predecessor, the UNR interface, first appeared, it soon became
clear that the ease of use offered by large fingertip friendly UI elements
was not only something for Netbooks, but was also an enhancement to a
typical DE.

Now we're looking at designs for even smaller screens, and again the
optimizations and the semantic focus create a more coherent stream of
simultaneous information affording itself to the user, which is much closer
to the human perceptual physiology - Ayatana, the reason i'm so interested
in this ML.

In other words, designing UIs for small screens forces the designer to
remove all the clutter and leave only the essential appliance itself,
naked, beautiful.