Re: Fwd: Serious issues

I think dash should open in a separate dedicated window. I don't see the
reason, when dash is called, why the top panel and the left launcher have
to have the visual effect as it has now.
I absolutely agree with your email. Launcher keep getting in the way even
when it is not needed.
To develop any consistent system one need to have, non contradicting,
independent set of foundations. What I mean here, that first think
canonical need to do is to make the foundations clear that it wants to
built the unity on.
If unity has to have launcher on the left then there should be well thought
reasons for it. Because foundations has to be laid down very carefully as
they are not often changeable.

So, If there are enough reason to set that the launcher has to be on left a
founding brick, we can proceed to think about a way to avoid it revelation
unnecessarily.
If we need to make Ubuntu popular, we need to pay attention to every tiny
detail. Compromising and coming up crazy solutions of the problems is not
going to help. We need to cross check our set foundations again and again.
A consistent set of foundations is necessary for having a consistent system.

For example, for mathematics to stand up as such a consistent system
required a axiomatic set up as its foundations.

I tried to think of ways to get rid of the problems that we face in unity
but it becomes difficult for me as It is not clear to me, what the
foundations are.