Re: Default Dash screen mock up

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 23:35, Cyrille Ngassam Nkwenga <cyrildz@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello Guy, I want to share with you my thoughts on the default Dash
> everybody seems to have issue with the actual one.
> But before let me explain the problem I want to solve with this design:
> Currently , in Unity there is not a good way to manage multiple windows of
> the same Intance. up to now it is not worse, we can deal with it. but what
> if I want to have a sight of my whole Activity ? Expose or Grid doesn't
> give an answer. That what my design try to solve, and by the way ,
> indirectly propose a way to manage multiple windows (instances) of the same
> apps. that is the core of the Dash, and as extra, We have a Pinned App
> category, Available Updates ( sorry in the pic I wrote "availible" , don't
> blame me for that) and option to shutdown , log out, lock screen and more.
>
> before you ask : why is Gedit doing in the development Category ? The
> answer is : As gedit is running, the Dash looks for the extension of the
> opened files. If it is one of a programming language : c, cpp, html, css,
> py, java ... then the Dash lists that instance in the Development Category.
>
> The cross over the Pinned App just mean that clicking will unpin that App.
> The cross over the App in Activity mean that clicking it will close that
> instance.
>
> Sorry the spelling , I'm not a native speaker.
> And, yeah I did it with my Hand, sorry for the quality
> Thanks

what i do like about your mockup is the idea, that the window previews
would be gridded out into the dash, that's beautiful. i wouldn't like
thumbs, but small previews with titles would be great.

what i love about your concept, is that you suggest a semantic connection
between the apps currently in use and the way the Dash adapts it's search
results to this fact. That's intelligent.
The next step would be "used with", a function within Zeitgeist, it can
remember what item USER usually uses simultaneously with what other item.
That's complementary to your intelligence addition.