Re: Notifications in unity

Den 15. nov. 2011 19:06, skrev Omar B.:
>For instance, these
> types of notifications have been used on TV for decades without people
> trying to touch their screens.

the difference is that computers are interactive.

if a user clicks a notification is because they want immediate access to it (high priority). While if you hover the mouse is just to see through, and if you dont do anything is because the msg is *low priority*.

Why are bubbles better than small icons? Why should users be afraid of working in the upper-right corner of the screen because a notification might suddenly appear, and clicking in a cell in a spreadsheet might suddenly answer the phone, or switch to another app or something like that?

I have chosen to work in that spreadsheet. I did not choose to receive the phone call from the telemarketer that causes the bubble to appear. Why should the telemarketer get the highest priority? I mean, if I want to answer the phone, then I just click on the indicator and answer it. I really don't see the benefit of having clickable, force-action bubbles.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad