Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:57:39 +0100
From: joerlend.schinstad@xxxxxxxxx
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] List windows on hover

    Den 21. nov. 2011 12:36, skrev Omar B.:

        >Maybe it would be nice to raise the window when you hover an
        item in the list, so you get the best of both.

        that would also be very nice.

        I wonder what would be the devs opinion about this. will you
        submit this soon ?

    I am a little worried about inconsistency here. It would be quite
    impossible to provide previews for all kinds of quicklist entries.
    If only some, or even a few, entries would have previews, that could
    quickly become confusing.

    The idea is nice, but I'm not sure how it would work in practice.
    More details are necessary. For instance, how would you generate a
    preview of a website that isn't open? Or dynamic diagrams of remote
    data? These are valid use cases for quicklists, but I don't really
    see how a preview would be easily possible and I think consistency
    is very important.

    Jo-Erlend Schinstad