Re: Need ability to close windows from within "Spread Mode" (super+W)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:09, Chad M/ Germann <cgermann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is and you don't see it is your trying to cram a touch
> interface on a Desktop OS.

i think human computer interaction has some basic rules which apply to all
input devices that are pointer based.
all pointers are emulations of the human index finger, our natural human
pointing device.

we drag stuff with the whole hand, Minority Report was science fiction,
Kinect is Augmented Reality.

we hold stuff in our palm.

i could go on with this all day, but at the end of the day it's just an
ordinary physical modeling of certain actuation habits humans already have
onto the HCI framework of Free software.

As you stated before, the goal might be well placed in becoming more
"Unix-like" again.
But what exactly this means in 2011 is yet to be presented.
Concepts came, concepts were falsified, others improved and revisited, we
learn from mistakes and so does the collective collaborative effort.

I'm glad you put out your statement, it is a clear reminder that design,
philosophy and policy are equally important on this ML.