Re: Need ability to close windows from within "Spread Mode" (super+W)

On 11/30/2011 06:45 PM, nick rundy wrote:
I got no problem with a close button. But I really think being able to MIDDLE-CLICK the window icon to close it (like one can do with tabs in web browsers) would be a huge boon for usability. It's a simple thing to figure out too because every one is used to it from web browser use.

From: frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:35:36 +0100
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Need ability to close windows from within "Spread Mode" (super+W)
To: isantop@xxxxxxxxx
CC: nrundy@xxxxxxxxxxx; ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 21:58, Ian Santopietro <isantop@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:isantop@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I would do it with a small "X" icon in the upper left (Or, simply
    allow the use the use the window controls from the spread view).

yes, that was planned at some point, sabdfl suggested a close button himself, i don't know what became of it. I'd suggest not to make a small "X", it should be large enough to be easily targeted with a clumsy pointing device such as my hand. Using the window controls from the previews is not a good idea i'm afraid, it would be better to show the previews without chrome altogether, it only confuses and has nothing to do with the content i'm previewing.