From: fuzzle6@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:17:01 +0000
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ayatana] Global Menu mockups for Unity

Hi guys,

I've not been involved in a mailing list for several years now, so I apologise in advance if I do things wrong!Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I put them on a bug report list a while ago, and somebody suggested that I submit them to you guys.

Basically, I made some mockups a while ago (April) for Unity's Global Menu, which everyone seems to be having trouble with.They're quite hard to explain properly, so it's probably easier for you to just look at them. I've tried to explain what's going on in the description of each image.

They're obviously not perfect - I've just pulled a bunch of ideas together and tried to make a usable concept.I am now aware that other people have made similar mockups to mine, but at the time I hadn't seen any of them.

Here's the link: http://anaershadowynomaly.deviantart.com/gallery/29691776

Please comment and criticize these as much as necessary, then I can try to improve the design.
I'm more than happy to make more mockups to incorporate new or different ideas.
Hope that all made sense :D
Farran