Re: Unity's Scope

*Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for bringing the up. There is a brief definition at the top of the Lens documentation ( * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/Lenses ). Another summery of the Dash is:
*
"The Dash aims to provide a lightweight, instant and easy means to browse and retrieve content. The Dash is the beginning of most user journeys; a user first finds the content they are looking for in the Dash before moving to the relevant application. The Dash is content centric; content sources are grouped together around content types. When a user wishes to search, they are given the option of using a interface tailored to the needs associated with searching a specific type of content (music, applications, etc...). The Dash is storage location agnostic, content is aggregated from the user's computer, their private cloud and the public web. Using the Dash requires no management; content does not need to be organised in order to be readily accessible and there is zero configuration. All content items can also have multiple parents; for example the song "You Give Love a Bad Name" can be categorised as both "80s" and "Soft Rock" (as opposed to the traditional files and folders pattern where a file can only be placed in a single folder). The Dash works with all form factors and input devices, a user should be equally comfortable using the Dash with touch, keyboard or pointer navigation."

**So yes the binary clock does not fit with the purpose and objectives of the Dash. However it is fun and playful, and while we would never ship it by default, I don't believe there should be restrictions on what users can choose to install. That would take us down a very un-free Apple like path.

cheers,
John
*