← Back to team overview

unity-design team mailing list archive

Re: What to call the unity panel?


"Top bar" is the term we have been using, it used to be "Panel" but this was a hangover from the Gnome2 days.

On 09/01/12 16:56, Michael Terry wrote:

I was about to implement a part of the new System Settings spec [1] when I saw that it referred to the unity panel as "the top bar".

But in a past cycle, I implemented the Time & Date spec [2] which has UI that refers to the unity panel as "the menu bar".

So which one is the official user-facing phrase? I can fix either UI to be consistent, I just need to know which.


[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILTJDiDCd25Npt2AmgzF8aOnZZECxTfM0hvsbWT2BxA/edit?hl=en_GB&pli=1#heading=h.i5lg1g344bsb

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TimeAndDate#Time_.26_Date_settings

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~ayatana
Post to     : ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~ayatana
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

John Lea | Ubuntu Desktop User Experience Lead
Canonical  www.canonical.com | Ubuntu  www.ubuntu.com
27th Floor, 21-24 Millbank Tower, London, SW1P 4QP
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7630 2415 | Email: john.lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow ups