Re: On left-clicking the launcher with multiple instances running

On 02/13/2012 10:40 AM, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
- Since the scope is applications, not windows, bringing the application
to the top can mean bringing all windows of the application to the top,
keeping their relative z-order.

After Mark's mail, I realize that a distinction should be made between entirely independent windows of an application and sets with a main and one or more child windows. Only the the most recent set or single window should be raised, of course.

I will blame this oversight on the fact that the applications I do use with several "instances" support tabs ... sparing me from much of this pile of conditionals, at the cost of dealing with another level of window management.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/