Re: The Argument for the Unity App List Pagination

I don't quite get the apps lens either, but it is designed that way, with the recent stuff at the top and the adverts for stuff you don't have at the bottom and all your applications jumbled up in the middle. Fortunately it is quite easy to write lenses so I ripped the apps lens apart and took out the adverts and recent stuff, and categorised the applications by their categories, it looks like this:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/appmenulens.png
http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/appmenu.ogv

at some point it needs re-doing in python/singlet because I just took the default vala lens and ripped it apart until it did what I want I don't really now much about C and Vala so the thing is a bit of a mess.

If there is something that you don't like about unity then it is probably not as hard as you expect to fix it.

Alan.