Re: Smooth Transition from Login

The great thing about a sliding login box is that it sets us up pretty
well for Ubuntu on tablets (or other password-less logins).
Personally, I don't like having a password on my tablet. With this,
simply touch the login box and slide it over to unlock with the same
motion.

On computers without passwords, let the user either click and drag the
login box to log in, or hit enter. Hitting enter would slide the box
to the right as well.

On computers with passwords, the user must type in the password, then
perform an action above to complete the login. If the password is
incorrect, bounce the box back, and inform the user.

On tablets without PIN/password, let the user touch the box and slide
it to the right.

On tablets with PIN/password, the user must enter the PIN/password,
then slide the box to the right. If the code is incorrect, bounce the
box back and inform the user.

It provides an experience that works well in both contexts, and is
familiar on both.