Re: creating .desktop files to add launcher entries

Apt already knows how to do that --no-install-recommends. I think a similar
option is available for stuff installed with the installation media.

If not, then a different solution should be looked at. Also I don't know
how large of an impact it will have, so we should consider it more
carefully.

With metta, Chris