Re: HUD testing

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 21:48 +0000, supernova wrote:
> I think that this app has a limit: it speeds up the work of a person
> that previously has known menus as they are now.
> Imagine a child that is born a few ours ago. In 5 years he will use
> Ubuntu of course. He will have to insert Schroedinger equation in a
> paper; so he will push the ALT key and write "equation". HUD now (not
> in five years) will answer  TOOLS>LANGUAGE>HYPHENATION, instead of
> INSERT>OBJECT>FORMULA...

I guess the only thing that I want to add here is: we're not done yet.
We could add all kinds of things.  We could add dictionaries and custom
lookups and configuration... or we could ship it.  I think that HUD
right now is in the most basic form that outlines the concept and the
interaction that we're trying to achieve, and we're now focusing on
getting that shipped in a production system.  There's a lot that goes
into that, and it shouldn't be underestimated, but it also means making
some compromises on what can be done in that timeframe.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I share it, but we have to walk before
we can run :-)

		--Ted