From: nrundy@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: syraxes@xxxxxxxxx; unity-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:19:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [Unity-design] Some impressions about the current status of Unity

The problem is having to "expand" options, like the "See more results" option. Too much stuff is being crammed into the dash.

For example, on the Applications Lens, users should be able to use setting to configure it so that it ONLY shows the applications installed on the machine. And by default shows ALL results. This way the user doesn't have to click so many things to get an expanded view of Applications. Also the filters should not have to be expanded (which I believe is the case in 12.04)

@Adrian:

if the Applications Lens defaults to show all stuff by default, then Unity is just as convenient as old-GNOME.

1. tap SUPER+A
2. click GAMES