Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

On 24. feb. 2012 03:34, cmaglothin wrote:
I really don't think that that was at all called for. All that was said is that there needs to be a line drawn somewhere. People shouldn't have to deal with pornography applications showing up out of the blue on their PC. By non-PG I simply meant X-rated items should be restricted to within the app store, completely installable, but only when specifically called for.

Of course the line should be drawn somewhere. I think all American culture should be banned. It's nothing but sex, death and drugs. Who do you suppose taught Europeans about "daterape"? But who am I to make such a decision for the rest of the word? I'm not even American.

As for your anger, I am right there with you. Not all American's fall in the same category you described below, I for instance am not religious, pro-choice, pro-history, pro-science, and pro-not-interfering-with-other-peoples-countries. So before you go accusing me of such things, think.

Well, your democracy, of which I assume you are a part, recently threatened to seriously damage Europeans networks. Whenever my country does something wong on my behalf, I take the responsibility. Kjell Magne Bondevik is a mass murderer, for instance. I had no chance to stop it, but that doesn't change the fact that he acted on my behalf. That's what democracy is all about.

A parent should not have to worry that their child might be exposed to pornography by their computer. This is not something that one has to deal with in ANY other OS. If you wish to keep on with this conversation, I am more than happy to keep it going in private, because this type of talk as not appropriate for a design forum.

Great. Does that mean that when I get a baby, I can make sure the American culture is removed from the internet? Because it's not exactly something I would want to teach a baby. Obviously, I would anyway, just like I would teach Hitler and the even older insanities. But your morals aren't really that powerful anymore...

You are becoming a dangerous class of countries; USA, Iran and China. Not all that different, when seen from the outside, but certainly dangerous.

Do you really want to discuss porn vs religion with me? I can go on. I really can go on much further than you are probably prepared for.

--
Jo-Erlend Schinstad