Re: Remove Pornographic Apps from the "Apps available for download"

On 02/23/2012 09:58 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
Listen.. We don't all share the exact same ideas about what's appropriate. One idea we can share, is that if your children are on the internet, you need to pay attention. If you are afraid of the values on the internet and care about your child, well, then you simply can't allow the internet at all. Isn't that fairly obvious?

Ubuntu is not a guardian of religion or ethical thoughts. Take all your gods and discuss on another mailinglist. I apologize for using provocative language. I shouldn't have. This is not the right place for these discussions.

But if the main idea was implemented, Ubuntu would most likely seize to exist. Hackers tend not to be extremely focused on helping to create global sensorship. Apple seems to be more interested in participating in that than Microsoft and GNU/Linux is.

Ubuntu itself may not be a Christian operating system, but Mark Shuttleworth is a Christian, and so am I. I forgive you for your language, I used a little too. Sorry. But I do believe that if it does any good (which it is), then this IS the place to discuss this.